What are precious stones?
They are crystals or rock-like materials found in rivers or in the subsoil along with other minerals. Diamonds, rubies, emeralds are a few examples of precious stones. They are called precious stones or gemstones because, as their name hints, they are pricey minerals due to the fact that they are hard to find, which leads to their high prices. They are shiny and impressive materials, and this is why they are used for making jewellery.
It is worth mentioning that there are also some semi-precious stones, which exist in abundance close to Earth’s surface and they are pretty inexpensive to buy.
What is a diamond?
A diamond is a popular precious stone, which lies deep within the Earth. Countries all around the world invest in diamond mining, which is later used in making primarily jewellery and tools for cutting and burnishing. Diamonds are used in the crafting of jewellery because they are so sparkling and stunning that create the best ornaments. They are also used as tools because diamonds are the hardest natural mineral on Earth.
What are the criteria based on which diamonds are appraised?
Every valuer takes into account four factors in order to determine the value of any diamond. Those factors are known as the 4 Cs, as they consist of clarity, cut, colour and carat weight.
Why should you ask for an appraisal of your diamonds or precious stones?
If you possess diamonds or other precious stones as gems or as jewellery, it means that you have a small fortune without even knowing it. This is not the way to go because you should be able to keep an eye and keep those valuable items in a safe place. You won’t want them to fall into the wrong hands.
Moreover, in case that you want to sell them for whatever reason, you can do so at Fasma Hellas, without worrying that you might accept a price that is less than their actual value.
Why choose Fasma Hellas for a diamond and precious stones appraisal?
Fasma Hellas has been working in the precious metals business since 1974. We have been partnering with numerous laboratories, merchants, jewellers, and individuals, always offering them excellent services.
In order to always satisfy our partners’ and clients’ needs, we possess state-of-the-art spectrometers to provide detailed and accurate reports on all testings, on all kinds of precious stones. And most importantly, our clients receive a certificate of the full report on the metals and elements that make up their items and consequently on their value.
* The company has a business licence for all its available services.*
* Merchants who want us to test their items are requested to bring a consignment note and vouchers. Individuals will be asked to show their national identity card. *
Why are diamonds so marketable?
The traits of a diamond make it stand out from the rest of the minerals, and consequently be so sought-after. The basic characteristics of a diamond that lead it to be a precious and useful material are the following:
- Its exquisite shine and beauty.
- There are diamonds in many colours, red, yellow, blue, green, grey, black. White diamonds are the best while transparent ones are considered perfect. Transparent and colourless diamonds are used for jewellery creation.
- It’s the toughest natural mineral. This explains why the biggest portion of the excavated diamonds ends up in the production of cutting and burnishing tools for hard objects.
- Diamond findings are rare, which makes them even more popular.
What characteristics does a valuer pay attention to during a diamond appraisal?
There are four basic factors that determine the price of a diamond. They are called the 4 Cs, and they are the following:
- Clarity: It refers to inclusions, which are blemishes inside diamonds. The clearer and the more flawless its structure, the rarer and more precious the diamond is.
- Colour: The more colourless the diamond is the higher its price gets.
- Cut: Diamonds are processed and shaped after their excavation.
- Carat Weight: The weight of a diamond is measured in carats.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fasma Hellas appraises loose diamonds or diamonds attached to jewellery or other items.
An experienced valuer is going to inspect your diamond by taking note of its technical features, such as its clarity, colour, cut and carat weight. Taking all these elements into account, they can estimate its value.
Yes, you can. Fasma Hellas buys diamonds at great prices.
Fasma Hellas does not sell diamonds. We only appraise and buy diamonds.
There are several tests, like the sandpaper or the burn test, that you can do at home in order to tell if a diamond is fake or not. The wisest option is to consult a professional valuer before you buy a diamond.